Research Department 1 (NIO-1) “Thermomechanical and Chemicothermal Treatment of Materials”
Research Department “Thermo-Mechanical and Chemicothermal Treatment of Materials” (NIO-1) consists of 5 zones with state-of-the-art equipment. Its highly qualified personnel is supervised by Professor Michail Vyboyschik, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences.
The range of NIO-1 activities includes:
- works for material selection used in applying protective and decorative coatings to metals and alloys
- development of technological processes of applying protective and decorative coatings to various products using ion-plasmous spray coating method.
- producing experimental-industrial batches of products with protective and decorative coatings
- improving existing methods for quality assurance of coatings
- selecting materials and improving technological processes of vacuum casting for small-size products including dentistry equipment
- selecting materials and developing technological processes for a wide range of products made of polymer materials
- development and introduction of alloying systems and technologies of thermal and thermo-mechanical treatments.
NIO-1 comprises the following laboratories:
- Laboratory of ion-plasmous spray coating
- Laboratory of vacuum casting
- Laboratory of polymer materials
- Laboratory of alloying systems development for steels and alloys working in aggressive media.