Togliatti State University: research and innovations
Research and development, as well as innovations are one of the TSU keystone interests. Togliatti State University has a long-established reputation as a major research institution in Samara Region which strengths are diverse and growing. The university is leading the way in traditional academic areas from Material Science and Physics to Engineering, Chemistry, and the Humanities, as well as in ultramodern disciplines like Nanotechnology, and Energy Efficiency. Togliatti State University has developed and maintained a diverse innovative infrastructure.
Research in TSU today is:
- 17 research areas that are determined by the needs of the city, region and country;
- 26 minor business enterprises that implement research developments of TSU were created
- Three Post-Doctoral thesis boards: Technical Sciences, Physics and Mathematics, and Theory and Methodology of Professional Education
- 42 PhD and Post-Doctoral Programs
- More than 10 international and all-Russia scientific conferences annually.
In 2006 the Testing Center of Togliatti State University was established to serve the needs of local and regional companies and enterprises in research, expert assessment and testing. This is the only certified center in Togliatti authorized to conduct independent third-party testing.
The grant awarded by the Russian government in 2010 for establishment of Physics of Strength and Intelligent Diagnosis Systems state-of-the-art laboratory has given a vigorous impulse to research in the field of material science. In 2013 the Research Institute of Progressive Technologies was launched. It comprises research and education centers focused on material science, nanotechnologies, condensed matter physics; Testing Center and Center for Nanotechnology Production Conformance Assessment. The Institute aims at developing and implementing advanced technologies, new materials and establishment of a world-class scientific school in the field of material science, nanotechnologies and condensed matter physics.
The synthesis of teaching and research is fundamental to Togliatti State University and we strive to create a research-centered academic environment. TSU actively promotes the value and outcomes of its diverse research activities in many ways, including publications, such as the university research magazines “Vector Nauki” and “Vestnik”.
The university Center for Technology Transfer serves as a bridge between TSU faculty and researchers and the business community. Through comprehensive technology transfer, innovations may be incorporated into products and services that directly benefit society, as well as research and education at TSU. The center also supports economic growth by forging closer ties with industry and launching new ventures based on TSU's technology.
- Scientific and Technical International Forum «Safety. Technologies. Management»;
- International Scientific Conference “Mathematics. Education. Culture”;
- International Scientific Conference “Strategic Planning of Russian Cities Development” ;
- International Scientific and Technical Conference “Welding”;
- International School “ Physical Material Science”;
- International Environmental Congress (Scientific and Technical Conference “Ecology and Life Protection of Industrial-Transport Complexes”) ELPIT;
- International Scientific Conference “Korshunov’s Readings”;
- International Scientific and Technical Conference “Power Industry, Electrical Engineering and Electrotechnologies Issues”
- International Scientific Conference “Text: philological, social and cultural, regional aspects”